Cara Centre are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to parts of the available standards and guidelines.
The following are some of the things that we have implemented to support accessibility:
- Fully responsive website
- Alt tags on images
- Accessibility tools for contrast, font sizes etc
- Content is accessed through a keyboard in an accessible way
- Naming of images
- Heading styles are used correctly to organise the structure of the content
- Implemented a content management system that supports accessibility
- Using colour with care
- Forms designed for accessibility
The following are some shortfalls we will work on to improve:
The website is not fully conformant to WCAG 2.1 due to the use of certain WordPress plugins that have not yet been made fully WCAG 2.1 compliant. This does not affect the general accessibility of the website however.
Once these plugins are made more accessible by the developers we will update them immediately to conform to the latest WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
If you have any queries about accessibility please contact us here.