- This event has passed.
Cara Inclusive Volunteer Programme
May 21, 2021 - June 11, 2021
This is Your Chance …
as a volunteer to learn how to create positive experiences for people with disabilities to be active in sport and physical activity.
Cara is offering 100 free places on their Inclusive Volunteer Programme to volunteers at club and community level. Each participant will receive online Inclusive Disability Training, endorsed by Sport Ireland, and participation in our volunteer webinar, presented by Rob Hartnett, Sport For Business.
The programme aims to empower new and existing volunteers to provide positive opportunities for people with disabilities in sport and physical activity.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities who are interested in volunteering and would like to up-skill in the area of sport and physical activity inclusion in their community.
In association with:
Why The Programme Was Developed
- To empower new and existing volunteers to provide positive opportunities for people with disabilities in sport & physical activity at club and community level.
- To recognise the impact that volunteers have on people with disabilities in sport in Ireland
- To highlight the stories of people with disabilities who volunteer within sport in Ireland.
- To provide relevant information & specific training for the participants involved in the programme.
- To provide an insight into the current and future direction of volunteering in sport in Ireland.
What The Programme Provides
- Disability specific and sector specific information to upskill and empower the volunteers involved in the programme to support people with disabilities in their sport at club and community levels.
- An insight into the direct impact of volunteering on people with disabilities through video’s capturing their voices and stories, as part of the ‘I’m In Too’ movement.
- A resource pack for participants with appropriate support resources and information.
- Two disability specific training workshops for participants delivered online (‘Autism In Sport’ and ‘Sport Inclusion & Disability Awareness’).
- A live webinar examining the current culture and impact of volunteering in sport in Ireland and the future direction of volunteering.
- A programme certificate to recognise the achievement of participants completing the programme.
Who Can Apply
- Applicants must be 16 years of age on the first day of a Cara workshop that they are attending. If an applicant is under 18, a parent or guardians authorisation will be required.
- A club may apply on behalf of their existing volunteer(s). To maximise the reach of this programme, we ask that only one volunteer per club be submitted. Additional club applicants will be put on a waiting list. If there are spaces available, Cara will then contact applicants from this list.
- We welcome applications from people with disabilities who are interested in volunteering and would like to up-skill in the area of sport and physical activity inclusion in their community.
- To apply for a place on the programme, applicants must complete the online application form below. If you require any assistance in completing the application form please feel free to email email@example.com
- All applicants will receive a confirmation email on receipt of their application.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Cara to confirm the timings and arrangements of the programme. Places on the programme will be offered to the first 100 eligible applicants.
[ 28th June ]
- Introduction to the Programme.
- Video Messages from the Sports Sector and Programme Partners
[ 5th – 19th July ]
- 5 groups of 20 participants for training delivery.
- Autism in Sport Workshop.
- Sport Inclusion & Disability Awareness Workshop.
- All workshops to be delivered online.
- All participants will receive individual certificates for their participation in both workshops.
Webinar – 60 minutes
[ 29th July ]
- Presented by Rob Hartnett, Sport For Business
- Current Culture and Impact of Volunteering in Sport in Ireland
- The Future of Volunteering in Ireland
- Closing Address with Key Partners