- This event has passed.
Fit for All
August 13, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:59 pm
Fit For All is a national initiative aimed at increasing awareness among people with disabilities, families/carers and disability services on the benefits of regular exercise, healthy lifestyles and opportunities to participate within the local community.
Fit For All also aims to increase awareness and build the capacity of leisure & fitness professionals in providing accessible programmes and facilities within their local community.
Why take part?
- Increase participation opportunities for people with disabilities at your centre
- Increase your staff’s knowledge and awareness on inclusive fitness
- Promote your facility on a local & national level for FREE
- Increase your membership base
- Form partnerships with your local sports partnership and disability organisations
What you need to do:
- Stay Tuned for dates in 2020 and then register your centre with us
- Open up your leisure centre for the week and focus on including people with disabilities into your facilities and activities
- Partner with your Local Sports Partnership (LSP) or Sports Inclusion Disability Officer (SIDO) in planning the activities for the week
- Promote the day locally via local press, social media and leisure centre website (Promotional Material will be provided)
Charleville Park Leisure Club
The Charleville Park Hotel Leisure Club is ideally located in the town of Charleville between the cities of Limerick and Cork. We offer our members and guests full use of our 25m pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and steam room, we offer an extensive range of fitness classes; a professional and effective individually designed training package; a hugely comprehensive range of pool activities and a state of the art gym and aerobic studio.
We have an experienced, professional and friendly team of dedicated experts who will help you get the best results.
Take a look at Fit for All:
Fit for All is part of the Xcessible Initiatives
The Cara Xcessible Initiative aims to heighten participation opportunities for people with disabilities within their communities through the development of a national focused programme implemented at local level through the support of the Local Sports Partnerships’ Sport Inclusion Disability Programme (SIDP).
The Xcessible initiatives is a nationally coordinated and collaborative project, focused on participation, training and support to key organisations providing sport and physical activity opportunities for people with disabilities.
National Coordination = Local Provision
Since 2011 the following initiatives have been successfully delivered: Xcessible Leisure, Xcessible Outdoor and Xcessible Youth Sports.
Xcessible Youth Sports – Rugby