Is your NGB interested in increasing provision for people with disabilities in your sport?
If the answer is yes, then engaging with CARA will give your NGB the opportunity to understand
the needs of people with disabilities and engage with the various disability sport and disability sector agencies. It will inform your NGB of best practice, review your current and future provision for people with disabilities and enhance the profile of your NGB within the disability sport sector nationwide.
CARA can offer the following supports to NGBs:
- Facilitation of Disability Inclusion Training for all NGB personnel (Board, Staff, Coaches and Volunteers).
- Support in the development or review of a Disability Action Plan for your sport.
- Support development of Inclusive Coaching.
- Provide advice on programmes, initiatives and resources to support peoplewith disabilities to have a positive experience within your sport.
- Assist your NGB in maximising its marketing and promotion opportunitiesto attract people with disabilities to take part in your sport.