National Seminar for Inclusion
Stay Tuned for dates in 2020.
Theme: Children and Young People with Disabilities
Cara in partnership with Sport Ireland, hosted the 2019 National Seminar for Inclusion. The theme was around ‘Children and Young People with Disabilities’. Over 200 delegates representing 113 different national and international organisations attended this sold-out event, all focused on increasing and improving opportunities for children with disabilities to be active. The seminar, held was designed with the following audience in mind:
- National Governing Bodies of Sport managers, development officers and coaches
- Local Sports Partnership coordinators, sports inclusion disability officers (SIDO) and sports development officers (SDO)
- Professionals across the health, education, outdoor, sport, fitness and leisure sectors.
- Disability Services managers and staff
- People with disabilities
- Anyone with an interest in enhancing sport and physical activity opportunities for people with disabilities.
When we initially set about planning for this event, we really felt it was essential to keep children and young people at the core of this seminar. From the planning and right into the event, the voices of children and young people with disabilities were present and heard by all who were in attendance.
With spellbinding key-note addresses from young Dubliner Chris Watts, and broadcaster Brendan O’Connor, the audience was captivated with their stories, which then led to interesting discussions across the key areas of sport, physical activity and physical education. A sincere thank you to all who attended, were involved in or who supported the 2019 National Seminar for Inclusion.