The sixth National Inclusion Awards took place on Wednesday, 28th November 2018 at the Castleknock Hotel in Dublin. Over 130 people from all over Ireland attended the event and learnt from each other while celebrating their work in the area of inclusion.
This year’s winners are:
- Adventure: Liquid Therapy (Donegal)
- Disability Service: Cope Foundation (Cork)
- Disability Sports Club: North East Thunder Basketball Club (Louth)
- Fitness and Leisure: ACLAÍ (Cork)
- National Governing Body of Sport (NGB): Gymnastics Ireland
- Partnership of the Year: Castlegregory Golf Club / Els for Autism / UNESCO / Rising Stars / IT Tralee Health & Leisure Dept (Kerry)
- Project of the Year: Watersports Inclusion Games (Galway)
- Special Education: St. Michael’s House Special School (Baldoyle, Dublin)
- Sport and Physical Activity Camp: Cúl Eile – Clonakilty GAA Club (Cork)
- Sports Club: Clontarf Rugby Club (Dublin)
- Volunteer of the Year: Órla Reck
Special recognition went to the National Learning Network for its Sporting Chance Programme; to the Institute of Technology Tralee for its Adapted Physical Activity Programme, celebrating this year its 20th anniversary; and to Oisín Jordan, for his outstanding work with the FAI’s Football For All programme.